Tuesday, March 5, 2013

C4T #2

Closing Thoughts
When I read Mr. Jelias blog post. I was very amazed at how one guy can have such a great attitude and positive outlook on things. This man was a middle school principle for three years. He is now taking a new job offer, and will no longer be blogging. It is kind of sad, because just through reading his one post I was very inspired. Mr. Jelias went into great detail throughout his post on 5 characteristics of an effective principle. His main points were: Vision, Strength, Humility, Spirit, and Patience.
He explained how one cannot simply just have a vision, but that you had to make the vision a reality.
When talking about strength Mr. Jelias talked about pushing forward. There will always be Nay- Sayers out there, and not every one will be on bored with you. Growing up my coaches always said to the team " If all of ya'll like me 100% of the time, I'm not doing something right!". This goes along with Mr. Jelias post, people may not be happy, but chances are if they all are then you are pushing them hard enough.  He talked about humility and reminded every one that you cannot do everything on your own and you probably would not want to. What really brought a smile to my face was when I read this: "A core belief of mine that I’ve shared before is, “We take our work very seriously, but never ourselves.” Have fun. Joke. Laugh a lot, especially at yourself. "
Wow. What a great attitude to have!  Another eye opener for me was when Mr. Jelias wrote about patience. He stated, "You won't always get it right, but be willing to reflect frequently and adjust as needed." Every student or hard worker out there needs to be reminded of this statement. No one is perfect, there will be bumps in the road, but in the end it is how you recover from your trials that will make you the great teacher you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment