Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blog Post 13

Back to the Future
In Mr.Corsby's  blog Back to the Future he explains a project he did with his forth grade class. He seems to be more of a hands on teacher when it comes to teaching his students about technology, and I think that is GREAT! Mr. Corsby's class learned about the history and science of hot air balloons. After they gained this knowledge, they applied it to their blog. Students attached their hopes and dreams to the air balloon and watched it float up, up, and away.  How awesome is that? I bet everything the kids learned from that experience sticks with them the rest of their life, because I know it sure would with me! I believe hands on teaching is the best teaching, and Mr. Corsby clearly does an excellent job of it!
Another thing I absolutely love about Mr. Corsby is his passion to educate everyone! One of his students has cancer, and to keep in touch with her they video chat. This student is able to keep up with the class, and do her work online and through the blog! Thank goodness for technology, because without it this girl would not be able to keep up.

Paul Anderson
In the video Blended Learning Cycle Paul Anderson explains the five "E's" (engage, explore, explain, expand, and evaluate), which is a big part of the cycle. Blending takes parts of mobile, online, and classroom learning within the classroom. Another factor in the cycle is something Mr. Anderson refers to as "QUIVERS", which means: QU-question, Investigation, Video, Elaboration, Review, and Summary quiz. 
I believe by applying this to the class, a lot of material is covered and learned. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Haley! I agree with you about Mr. Crosby's video! I know the things he discussed will definitely stay with me and hopefully make me a better teacher. I think with Mr. Andersen's method a lot of material is covered as well. Great post! =)

    ReplyDelete