Wednesday, April 24, 2013

C4T

Pondering Paige
This week I had Mrs Paige. In her post she praised all the hard work and dedication of the faculty here in the education building. She made a statement, "From K-12 to higher education issues, we are caring, thoughtful people who share our talents in diverse ways while simultaneously navigating our own complex lives. " What a true statement! These people go over and beyond and were finally recognized properly. Hats off to everyone mentioned!

In a Tolstoy Mood
In this post Mrs. Paige simply just post a quote by Leo Tolstoy. The quote was "“Music makes me forget my real situation. It transports me into a state which is not my own. Under the influence of music I really seem to feel what I do not feel, to understand what I do not understand, to have powers which I cannot have. Music seems to me to act like yawning or laughter; I have no desire to sleep, but I yawn when I see others yawn; with no reason to laugh, I laugh when I hear others laugh. And music transports me immediately into the condition of soul in which he who wrote the music found himself at that time. ~The Kreutzer Sonata”
― Leo Tolstoy
What an amazing quote! I am a big fan of music as well, because it can be so inspiring in any situation. For example the other day I was running a mile and a half and was gonna call it a day. I was on my last lap when a song came on that inspired me to keep going! I ended up running a whole two miles, simply because of a song that pushed me. We as future educators need to be that song to students. We have to be there to push and encourage them to do their best. If a student is struggling we have to be the song to them saying "keep trying, it will be worth it".


No comments:

Post a Comment