Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blog Post #3

Peer Editing
This video Peer Editing takes us through 3 steps to ensure ourselves we are helping in the correct manner. The first step is to make sure you compliment the author. Tell the author what you think he or she did correctly. The second step is to make suggestions. Help the author make improvement or revisions to their work by offering your opinions. The third step is to help make corrections. There is also one important rule to peer editing, which is to stay positive! I learned that there is more to making peer reviews other than looking for mistakes and completing an assignment. The point of peer editing is to HELP another classmate understand the assignment more clearly and offer your opinions on how they could improve it in a friendly manner.

Assistive Technologies
After watching the assigned videos, I have a new understanding for the difficulty that visually and hearing impaired students have functioning in the classroom. It is very important that we as future educators understand the importance of the technologies available to make learning a fun experience for them.When I go out into the educational work force, especially since I am a special education major, I plan on finding a way to have access to every technology available to assist in the education of an impaired child.

Vickie Davis
During the video Harness Your Students, I found myself on the edge of my seat listening for what Vickie Davis had to say next. I wish I had a teacher like her in high school. She explains how the internet can help a student think on their own, and I never would have viewed it like that until watching this video. I am all for students thinking on their own and teachers making the students learn. So many student now days, think that everything should just be handed to them on paper, but not every child is capable of learning that way. Some students are visual learners and technology helps them.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Haley!I'm really glad to know that you are focusing on special education students!The only critiques I would make about your blog post is maybe telling more of what the videos were about and a few commas that you forgot to put in. Other than that, I enjoyed your blog post! Have a good rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete