Sunday, February 10, 2013

C4T #1

No Rewards
Mike Prater discusses in his blog No Rewards that he does not agree with physical rewards for learning. I however disagree with that because one of my favorite memories was competing against my classmates and wining a prize. Knowing there was a reward pushed me that much harder to learn something. He also points out that we should genuinely care for the students and I could not agree more with that. I feel that I am going to be the teacher that when someone walks up to me and ask how many children I have, I will say however many is that is in my class. I will love, care, and help my children anyway I can; not for the reward of knowing I did a good deed, but because you never know what someone is going through at home. Students need to know they are cared about.

Loving the Unlovable
I had chills by the end of this blog. This blog talked about how Mr. Prater saw his roster and realized that he had all repeat students in his class. That is quite the challenge to know that no one in your classroom does not want to be there. It could make teaching very difficult. Mr. Prater however, took the bull by the horns and ended up making a huge impact on most of his students. Loving a child can make a difference in their actions, and I hope that all teachers realize this sooner than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment